Monday, June 23, 2014

What's in a Name?

   A common concept or belief is knowing the name of someone gives us power. When we began this game... and yes at this point it was a game and in many ways still is, we played with several honorifics. Slave. Slut. Whore. Mistress. Master. Miss ect.ect. When he finally settled on Mistress it felt as odd as it sounded. I still had not settled on something I was comfortable with but being the reader I am went back to my erotic BDSM novels and rediscovered the endearment  "Pet".  At first it seemed odd... out of place. It was not uncomfortable per say but still playful or silly.
   As the weeks went by, a change occurred in our relationship and with the power in the names we had given one another. No longer were they silly names in a game but positions of strength within our relationship. I have a new respect for my Pet for giving himself over to me and the honor it is to be his Mistress. That's not to say I don't throw out the occasional "cum slut" or "pussy boy"! The names have changed us. I feel powerful when my Pet call me his Mistress.

1 comment: